The safety of our faculty and students is very important to us. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the 2021 Houston Summer Harp Festival will have the following protocols in place to keep us all safe, healthy, and playing harp. We also strongly encourage all students who are eligible to get vaccinated.
For all students:
- A mask must be worn over the nose and mouth at all times while at the Houston Summer Harp Festival.
- During rehearsals and classes, harps and harpists will be distanced.
- No sharing of harps or equipment (tuners, tuning keys, etc).
- During lunch, students will be spread out either inside the cafeteria or outside weather permitting.
- If you feel at all sick, have any Covid-19 symptoms, or are exposed to someone with Covid-19, please do not attend camp; we will refund your tuition.
For student staying in the dorms on campus:
- You must present proof of a negative Covid test, dated 48 hours or less before the first day of camp. If you need help finding a place to get a Covid test, please contact Hope Cowan (email@example.com)
- Students will sit spread out at mealtimes.
- A mask must be worn over your nose and mouth when in any common areas of the dorms.
- We strongly encourage all students who are 12 and older to get vaccinated before attending camp.